Ambient oxygen in the air is breathed in by an animal/human
2) This oxygen is diffused into the bloodstream in the
3) The blood is then oxygenated and sent to an area of the body where a cell will use it to create/use
ATP to produce energy
4) Within this process oxygen is absorbed and CO2 is released back into the bloodstream
The blood goes to your lungs and is then diffused back into the ambient air
6) This CO2 molecule makes it's way to a plant where
it is absorbed and brought into the chloroplasts
7) Within the chloroplasts the plant changes uses the CO2 to create it's energy
stores of Carbohydrates
8) Within process 7 there is an abundance of oxygen released from the CO2 molecule which is released into the
air and then begins the process again
Dioxide- Oxygen Cycle relates to the relationship between Carbon Dioxide [CO2] breathing plants and Oxygen [O2] breathing lifeforms. All oxygen-breathing lifeforms take in
Oxygen and exhale CO2.
Plants take in the CO2 and
use it in their photosynthesis process and in turn give off oxygen. The Carbon
Dioxide-Oxygen Cycle is a continuously occurring process whereby animals inhale Oxygen and then exhale Carbon Dioxide, and
plants use the CO2 and
"exhale" O2. Plants
and other producers use carbon dioxide in photosynthesis.
They produce oxygen as a waste product. Carbon dioxide
from the air into the leaves of plants. Oxygen moves from the
plant into the air through the leaves.
all living things, including plants, get energy from cellular
respiration. This process releases energy from the
in food. Oxygen is used in cellular respiration. Carbon dioxide is
produced as a waste product.
produced during photosynthesis is used in cellular
respiration. The carbon dioxide produced in cellular respiration
used in photosynthesis. carbon dioxide and oxygen move through the ecosystem in this path called the CARBON DIOXIDE-OXYGEN
photosynthesis, algaet green plants take in CO2 from the air. They use CO2, along with H2O and the sun's energy, to make their
own food (respiration). In this process, O2 is released as a waste product. Plants and animals need this oxygen to release
energy from food.